Haverigg Prison Information, Contact Details & Address
Haverigg Prison has a capacity of 644 prisoners and houses Cat C and Cat D Prisoners. The prison is located in Millom just outside of Cumbria in a village called Haverig. The prison originally opened its doors in 1967 and encourages prisoners to take part in work or training and education. This includes gardening, construction and timber workshops.
The prison site was originally RAF billets, additional accommodation was added and rebuild of 2 units following an incident in 1988 and 1999.
Haverigg Prison Address:
Haverigg Prison Telephone Number
- R1 has two wings, 60 cells with own toilets but communal showers
- R2 has 9 billets with 18 cells integral toilets but communal showers, also caters to disability accommodation.
- R3 Consists of 7 billets/16 cells and has its own kitchen and eating areas. Complete with communal showers and toilets.
- R5 Purpose-built house block consisting of six spurs on two landings. Each has its own shower and toilets.
- R6 Which has 2 billets and 16 cells. They also have a kitchen dining areas. communal showers & sanitation facilities.
- R4 is segregation
Haverigg Prison Visits
How to book a prison visit at Haverigg Prison? The visits are held daily between 1:45 and 3:45. To be able to book a visit you need to call 01229 713 016. This line is open from 13:00 – 16:00, Monday to Friday. You can also book online at www.gov.uk/prison-visits.
How to get there?
The nearest train station is Haverigg station and around 3 miles away from the prison. You can get a taxi from there or use the number 15 bus.
If coming by car, M6 J36. There is ample parking on site.